Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the Lauri Markkanen sign-and-trade.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed, one summer contract
PG: Collin Sexton, Ricky Rubio
SG: Darius Garland, Dylan Windler
SF: Isaac Okoro, Cedi Osman, Lamar Stevens
PF: Evan Mobley, Dean Wade
C: Jarrett Allen, Lauri Markkanen, Kevin Love, Mfiondu Kabengele, Tacko Fall (summer contract)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Kevin Porter Jr, expiring 11/27/21) — $1,717,981
- Trade Exception (JaVale McGee, expiring 2/11/22) — $4,200,000
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Dean Wade $1,782,621– 1/7/22
- Mfiondu Kabengele $1,701,593 — 1/7/22
- Tacko Fall $1,669,178 — 1/7/22
- Lamar Stevens $1,517,981 — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Matthew Dellavedova ($1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: Isaiah Hartenstein (1,669,178), Brodric Thomas (two-way, RFA)
- Brodric Thomas (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed, issued)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Collin Sexton
- Isaac Okoro (third-year)
- Darius Garland (fourth-year)
- Dylan Windler (fourth-year)
Waived Players: Damyean Dotson
Traded Players: Taurean Prince, Larry Nance Jr
G-League Affiliate: Charge (Mike Gansey general manager, Nate Reinking coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Dan Gilbert
- Koby Altman — general manager
- Mike Gansey — assistant general manager
- Bernie Bickerstaff — senior basketball advisor
- Jason Hillman — basketball chief of staff/team counsel
- Andrae Patterson — director of basketball administration
- Jon Nichols — senior director, analytics/personnel
- Brandon Weems — director of scouting
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Assistants: Antonio Lang, Greg Buckner, Dan Geriot, Lindsay Gottlieb, JJ Outlaw, Mike Gerrity, Sidney Lowe
Trainers: Mark Kovacs (senior director, sports science and health), Steve Spiro (head athletic trainer), Derek Millender (strength and conditioning), Albert Padilla, Ed Subel
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Houston Rockets (Alec Burks).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Kyle Korver, Jaxson Hayes), may go to the Memphis Grizzlies (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder (lower of Cleveland or Golden State Warriors) to the Detroit Pistons (Andre Drummond).
- 2024 — The New York Knicks get the higher of the Utah Jazz and Cavaliers picks (Leandro Bolmaro), the lower to the Indiana Pacers or Memphis Grizzlies (James Harden, Isaiah Todd, Grayson Allen).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Golden State Warriors (Eric Paschall, Clint Capela, Kevin Porter Jr).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (Ilkan Karaman).
- 2026 — Owed a second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (JaVale McGee).
- 2027 — Owed a second-rounder from the Utah Jazz (Rayjon Tucker).
- 2027 — Owed a second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (JaVale McGee).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 10/18/21 — Extension deadline for Collin Sexton.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Isaac Okoro, Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 11/27/21 — Kevin Porter Jr trade exception expires.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Lauri Markkanen and Tacko Fall.
- 1/7/22 — Dean Wade’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — Mfiondu Kabengele’s $1,701,593 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — Tacko Fall’s $1,669,179 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — Lamar Stevens’ $1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/5/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jarrett Allen.
- 2/11/22 — JaVale McGee trade exception expires.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Collin Sexton and Tacko Fall.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Dean Wade.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- Before the first day of 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Isaac Okoro and Evan Mobley.
- 1/7/23 — Dean Wade’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23 if not waived by 5:00 PM Eastern.
- 1/7/23 — Mfiondu Kabengele’s $1,846,738 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 1/7/23 — Lamar Stevens’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/23 — Cedi Osman’s $6,718,842 guarantees for 2023-24.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 6/29/23 — Team option on Lamar Stevens.
- Before the first day of 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Isaac Okoro.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Evan Mobley.
- 1/7/24 — Lamar Stevens’ $1,930,681 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Isaac Okoro.
- 6/29/24 — Lauri Markkanen’s $18,044,544 guarantees for 2024-25.
- Before the first day of 2024-25 season — Extension deadline for Isaac Evan Mobley.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline for Evan Mobley.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 3 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
- 7/23/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Jarrett Allen.
- 7/26/21 — Isaiah Hartenstein opted out his final season.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Evan Mobley (2021-3rd).
- 7/30/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Brodric Thomas.
- 8/1/21 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Isaiah Hartenstein and Jeremiah Martin.
- 8/2/21 — Traded Taurean Prince, a Washington Wizards 2022 second-rounder and $2.5 million to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Ricky Rubio.
- 8/3/21 — Signed Evan Mobley (2021-3rd) to a $36,664,177 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Jarrett Allen to a five-year $100 million contract.
- 8/28/21 — Renounced the rights to Jeremiah Martin.
- 8/28/21 — Traded Larry Nance Jr to the Portland Trail Blazers and a Denver Nuggets 2023 second-rounder (top-46 protected) to the Chicago Bulls for Lauri Markkanen (via sign-and-trade to a partially-guaranteed four-year $67,470,906 contract).
- 9/1/21 — Signed Tacko Fall to a non-guaranteed $1,669,178 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 9/10/21 — Waived Damyean Dotson.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena
Explore more about the Cleveland Cavaliers Team Stats here.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/11/21)
Latest Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds & Information
It seems like longer than three years since the Cleveland Cavaliers were contesting the NBA Finals and even longer since they won the Championship in 2016. However, the once perennial NBA Finals betting favorites are no longer a major force and this is reflected in their NBA Futures odds of +20000 to win the 2022 NBA Championship. The oddsmakers are struggling to see any hope for the Cavs and returns of $200 for every dollar bet on them is a big price.
There is the possibility for some hedging potential and the new wave of NBA betting apps will allow bettors to place a Futures bet and then Cash Out during the season. However, it might take a leap of faith to suggest that those betting on Cleveland will be paid, at least based on the current roster.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up to date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds from the best NBA Betting Strategy but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
For free bets and bonuses on all NBA betting markets, be sure to check out our Sportsbooks Promo Codes section.
- Kyrie Irving asks fans and reporters to ‘respectfully’ back off while he decides his future: ‘I am in no rush’
- Former Lakers center Kwame Brown calls LeBron James a ‘stat sheet junkie’
- ESPN’s Mike Greenberg thinks ‘The Celtics should win every single game’ after being down 3-0 to Miami
- Dallas’ Kyrie Irving could have a shoe deal signed with Adidas in the near future
- Sixth Man of the Year Malcolm Brogdon has been playing through a torn tendon in his shooting hand