Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the Khem Birch non-taxpayer mid-level exception signing.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, five non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Fred VanVleet, Malachi Flynn, Goran Dragic, Delano Blanton
SG: Gary Trent Jr, Svi Mykhailiuk, David Johnson (two-way), Ishmail Wainright
SF: OG Anunoby, Scottie Barnes, Yuta Watanabe, Isaac Bonga, Justin Champagnie (two-way)
PF: Precious Achiuwa, Sam Dekker, Freddie Gillespie, Pascal Siakam (injured)
C: Khem Birch, Chris Boucher
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game. Pascal Siakam out for at least five months as of 6/11/21 (torn labrum, left shoulder).
- Trade Exception (Terence Davis, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,571,981
- Trade Exception (Matt Thomas, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,571,981
- Trade Exception (Kyle Lowry, expiring 7/6/22) — $4,832,848
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,186,000 (Khem Birch)
- Bi-Annual Exception — 3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Sam Dekker $1,789,256 ($350,000) — first game of the season
- Yuta Watanabe $1,762,796 ($375,000) — first game of the season
- Isaac Bonga $1,729,217 ($200,000) — first game of the season
- Freddie Gillespie $1,517,981 ($50,000) — first game of the season
- Ishmail Wainright $925,258 ($250,000) — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Nando De Colo $1,901,900 (issued)
- Malachi Flynn (third-year)
- Precious Achiuwa (third-year)
Waived Players: Jalen Harris (two-way), Rodney Hood, DeAndre’ Bembry, Paul Watson, Aron Baynes
Traded Players: Kyle Lowry (via sign-and-trade)
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Patrick Mutombo coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Justin Champagnie, David Johnson
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Larry Tanenbaum
- Masai Ujiri — vice-chairman and team president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Wayne Embry — senior basketball advisor
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, John Corbacio, Jon Goodwillie, Jim Sann, Trevor Gleeson, Nathaniel Mitchell, Earl Watson, Jamaal Magloire (player development consultant)
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (head athletic trainer)
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder (31-54) to the Golden State Warriors and (55-60) to the Charlotte Hornet (Malachi Richardson, Alec Burks, Brad Wanamaker).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 9/14/21 — No-aggregation restriction lifts on Goran Dragic and Precious Achiuwa.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- First game of the 2021-22 season — Yuta Watanabe’s $1,762,796 guarantees for 2021-22.
- First game of the 2021-22 season — Isaac Bonga’s $1,729,217 guarantees for 2021-22.
- First game of the 2021-22 season — Freddie Gillespie’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Malachi Flynn and Precious Achiuwa.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Svi Mykhailiuk, Isaac Bonga, Ishmail Wainright, Sam Dekker and Khem Birch.
- 1/7/22 — Ishmail Wainright’s $925,258 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/15/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Gary Trent Jr.
- 2/11/22 — Terence Davis and Matt Thomas trade exceptions expire.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Paul Watson and Freddie Gillespie.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/4/22 — Ishmail Wainright’s $1,563,518 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 7/4/22 — Dalano Banton’s salary guarantees at $300,000.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 7/6/22 — Kyle Lowry trade exception expires.
- First game of the 2022-23 season — Dalano Banton’s $1,563,518 guarantees.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Scottie Barnes, Malachi Flynn and Precious Achiuwa.
- 6/29/23 — Gary Trent Jr and Fred VanVleet’s player options.
- 6/29/23 — Delano Banton and Ishmail Wainright’s qualifying offers.
- Before the start of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadlines on Malachi Flynn and Precious Achiuwa.
- 10/31/23 — Team option on Scottie Barnes.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malachi Flynn and Precious Achiuwa.
- 6/29/24 — Player option on OG Anunoby.
- Before the start of the 2024-2 season — Extension deadline on Scottie Barnes.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline for Scottie Barnes.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 4 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
- 7/1/21 — Jalen Harris dismissed from the NBA (eligible for reinstatement in a year).
- 7/1/21 — Waived Jalen Harris (two-way).
- 7/26/21 — Issued qualifying offers to Gray Trent Jr and Nando De Colo.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Scottie Barnes (2021-4th), Dalano Banton (2021-46th) and David Johnson (2021-47th).
- 8/2/21 — OG Anunoby’s poison pill expired.
- 8/3/21 — Waived Rodney Hood, DeAndre’ Bembry and Paul Watson.
- 8/4/21 — Waived Aron Baynes.
- 8/5/21 — Re-signed Masai Ujiri, naming him vice-chairman and team president.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Khem Birch to a three-year $20,002,500 contract, via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
- 8/6/21 — Traded Kyle Lowry (via sign-and-trade, generating a $4,832,848 trade exception) to the Miami HEAT for Goran Dragic and Precious Achiuwa.
- 8/7/21 — Signed Justin Champagnie to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/7/21 — Signed Scottie Barnes (2021-4th) to a $33,064,660 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/7/21 — Re-signed Gary Trent Jr to a three-year $52,590,00 contract ($250,000 in unlikely incentives per season), player option on the final season.
- 8/7/21 — Signed Ishmail Wainright to a partially-guaranteed $2,488,776 contract.
- 8/8/21 — Chris Boucher’s $7,020,000 guaranteed for 2021-22.
- 8/8/21 — Signed David Johnson (2021-47th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/8/21 — Signed Sam Dekker to a partially-guaranteed $1,789,256 minimum contract.
- 8/11/21 — Signed Isaac Bonga to a partially-guaranteed $1,729,217 minimum contract.
- 8/13/21 — Signed Dalano Banton (2021-46th) to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,488,776 minimum contract.
- 8/20/21 — Freddie Gillespie’s salary guaranteed at $50,000.
- 8/31/21 — Signed Svi Mykhailiuk to a two-year $3,607,937 minimum contract, player option on the final season.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Free Agents (with Cap Holds*)
- Full Bird: Lucas Nogueira*** ($8,841,915)
- Early Bird: Stanley Johnson ($4,945,395), Nando De Colo*** (RFA, $1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Jeremy Lin *** ($1,669,178), Jodie Meeks*** ($1,669,178), Jason Thompson*** ($1,669,178)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Arena: Air Canada Centre
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Explore more about the Toronto Raptors Team Stats here.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
If you are looking to bet on the Toronto Raports, make sure to check on our guide about sports betting in Canada. You can also use one of the new sportsbook available in Canada or one of the offshore betting sites.
(Updated on 9/1/21)
- League sources have said that the Chicago Bulls would ‘make a ton of sense’ for Knicks’ veteran PG Derrick Rose
- Kyrie Irving asks fans and reporters to ‘respectfully’ back off while he decides his future: ‘I am in no rush’
- Former Lakers center Kwame Brown calls LeBron James a ‘stat sheet junkie’
- ESPN’s Mike Greenberg thinks ‘The Celtics should win every single game’ after being down 3-0 to Miami
- Dallas’ Kyrie Irving could have a shoe deal signed with Adidas in the near future